Tuesday 8 July 2008

My first sock | A minha primeira meia




This is my first sock ever. It´s based on Knitty´s Generic Sock Pattern. The instructions are so clear that even I could understand them! I´m a rookie when it comes to knitting (until... two or three months ago I knew nothing more than to knit scarves!) but I want to learn more and this pattern has the right amount of instructions to teach a person to knit a sock. I finished the first one and already feel like customizing the second one a bit, but I guess I can´t. That´s the problem with socks: you have to (well, in theory) make the second one at least similar to the first one, right? Well, I know this isn´t a rule (I´m thinking Through the Loops´Apollo and Artemis here), but I think Paulo, the recipient of these socks, wouldn´t be the happiest guy on earth with two different socks. So I´ll just have to go to the second one and wish for the next pair to be completely freestyled.

They´re knitted on what´s available here: DK wool, no brand, just this. The dpn´s I have, 3.5mm, aren´t the best either, but I´m still not venturing into buying through the internet as stuff here gets either lost or stuck in customs. Neither option is good.


*

Esta é a minha primeira meia tricotada por mim. Bem sei que estou a roçar o pleonasmo, mas eu própria tenho de repetir "minha meia" e "tricotada por mim" para me convencer desta realidade: consegui tricotar uma meia, quando até há bem pouco tempo tudo o que fazia era cachecóis.

A meia baseia-se na receita "Knitty´s Generic Top Down Sock Pattern" (que podem encontrar aqui) e, para quem entenda bem instruções em inglês, é muito clara. Além disso, tem umas imagens que ajudam a esclarecer algumas dúvidas.

Uso agulhas de ponta dupla (não sei como se chamam em português; em castelhano são agujas para medias) de 3.5mm. A lã é demasiado grossa para tricotar meias, pelo menos meias que se possam usar dentro de sapatos, mas é o que há cá. E estou feliz. Agora vou para a segunda, mas, que maçada, já me apetecia fazer outra diferente...

No comments: