Friday 8 May 2009

2009.05.04_01

Last Monday, on my weekly painting class, we had as a task to paint 10 minute poses and compose a page with two of them. My personaly task, however, was to try and experiment doing things that I don´t usually do. One of the changes I wanted to make was to mix more my colours and, therefore, have them less saturated. I don´t believe I succeeded on that one, though, I guess you just can´t fight who you are!

In my second challenge, however, I was slightly more successful, I believe. Usually I need to draw a shape and then start highlighting the brighter and darker areas. This time around, I wanted to avoid the first line and go directly into the mass, into the body. Not so much the shape, but what makes it a shape. I think I still have a long way to go on that one because I didn´t feel specially confident doing it - it was good to get out of my comfort zone, though - and wasn´t particularly thrilled with the results. Still, I liked experimenting with it and will try to do it again next Monday. If, at the time, I am so inclined, of course.

(More photos here.)

No comments: