Wednesday 21 May 2008

On my desk today


Sometimes I feel I play tetris with my time. Sometimes it works well; sometimes I forget what I was doing previously.

While I´m waiting for an approval from a client to arrive via e-mail, I knit a few more stitches into my "almost-ready" sweater. It really is almost ready and I´m a few rows short from finishing the collar. Then there´s the sewing (which wasn´t as dreadful as I thought it would be when I sewed the shoulder) and then the wearing part, which i´m really looking forward to.

On my desk there´s also a bowl of cooked chestnuts. Although there´s a lot of chestnut trees here in Argentina, it is not very common here to eat the chestnuts themselves. The owner of the grocery shop, of italian descent, told me they used to eat them there too. In Portugal, autumn means "castanhas", either boiled (with salt and anise seeds) or roasted, so I tried to have a bit from home here. And they´re quite tasty.

See other desks at kootoyoo´s.

1 comment:

Maureen Reynolds said...

I love chestnuts in most any form and almost bought a packet of them in Lisbon but I was too full from pastry!

Have a great trip!