Thursday 4 June 2009

Last Monday



This week´s painting class was the second session of a fixed pose. I worked a bit on the volumes and then it was time to "throw myself into the pool", as argentines say it, and start working on the background.

Backgrounds are terrible difficult for me. Mostly because I don´t feel like making a room-like situation, complete with furniture or not. I´m not very keen on drawing lines to make a room, I have no idea why. I like to see it when other people do it, though, but I don´t seem to find a way of doing it myself. Maybe it is not that I don´t like it; maybe I just don´t know how to do it.

So, how do I work a background? That´s a good question for which I have no answer. I basically try and let go the fear of ruining, and then I can paint.

Let´s see where this background takes me.

No comments: