Tuesday 16 June 2009

World wide knit in public day

2009.06.13: world wide knit in public day!

Last Saturday was WWKIP 2009. There were two meetings here in Buenos Aires but the weather was just too nice to stay indoors, so we headed to one of the gardens in Palermo, sat by a lake and enjoyed the winter sun. I knitted this hat (free pattern here) in less than a day - and I´m not a fast knitter - which means that despite the great look of those cables, it is still a very easy and straight-forward knit. It´s perfect for a present, actually. I´m looking forward to wearing it!

Otherwise, we had a long weekend, filled with preparations for my german exam, knitting, cooking and generally lazying around. There was a really, really good documentary on BBC, Cocaine diaries: Alex James in Colombia. I urge you to check it out. (If you read portuguese, I wrote about it here).

And now, fully rested, it´s time to go back to work. Have a nice week!

2 comments:

Gaby said...

Qué linda foto, Billy!! Sí, al verdad que me dio un poco de pena ir a encerrarme con ese día tan lindo! Pero menos mal que estaba con las chicas :)
Te extrañamos!

Billy said...

Gracias Gaby!

Para que conste, también las extrañé, apesar de haber tenido buena compañía (Paulo - y el sol, claro). A ver si nos juntamos!