Wednesday 13 February 2008

Knitting needle case | Bolsa para as agulhas de tricot


My knitting needle case is still work in progress but it was with great joy that I reversed it (or, better put, turned the inside face out) and realised it looks quite good. Well, it looks a lot better than I thought I was capable of.

I´ve never been a sewing person and my stitch was a bit messy. To some point, this needle case has been a good hands-on tutorial and practice for me: be patient and progress slowly, the two thoughts constantly on my mind while sewing.

Turning the inside face out has been a good surprise, something like when you open the oven to retrieve some clay work, or some enamel painting. It´s a surprise that I could actually do something like that. I´m very pleased, though it isn´t finished yet.

Here´s a sample photo and more on flickr.


*

Estou a fazer uma bolsa para as minhas agulhas de tricot, umas agulhas enormes que mais parecem uns espetos e que saem de todo e qualquer saco onde as guarde. Dentro da bolsinha vão ficar muito mais bonitas e arrumadas! :)

Nunca fui uma pessoa muito achegada às costuras, portanto esta bolsa tem sido para mim um valente estágio. Hoje, ao virar o interior para fora (ainda a estou a coser) para a fotografar, foi com algum espanto e muita alegria que constatei que está com muito melhor aspecto do que eu jamais julgaria ser capaz. É verdade, nunca pensei que conseguisse coser algo minimamente bem... E por isso estou feliz por estar a ter a paciência de coser tudo à mão, com muita calma e paciência. Não será uma obra-prima, mas é certamente a minha obra-prima (primeira, pelo menos!).

Aqui vai uma foto. Há mais no flickr.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Good for you! It's so pretty and neat. My girlfriend and I sat down and designed one of these cases over a year ago and, well...

GOOD FOR YOU!! :)

Billy said...

Thank you!

How did your case turn out?

I finished sewing it last night and will post the photos soon. The thing that thrills me the most is that I overcame my supposed inability! Yay!